Thursday, April 30, 2020

what about the listener on my internet line?

i've been quietly checking my usage stats on a day-to-day basis all month, and they haven't been out of line. i guess my usage is a little higher just right now because of the virus - but that's the difference between 15-20 gb on a slow month, and 35-40 on a heavy month. the idea that i was going to log anything higher than 40 gb in one month was ridiculous from the start.

i checked my stats this morning, and there's no numbers for yesterday. at all...

so, in the last 12 hours, (1) my internet connection appears to have been recompromised and (2) i appear to have had somebody set up a fake kickstarter account using my email address. is it a coincidence that he just got home?

it's starting to look like i'm going to have to cut the line again, for who knows how long. i'm certainly not interested in connecting to my bank account over this line....

i was considering getting groceries today, but i'm not going anywhere until i get this figured out.