Thursday, July 23, 2020

so, i managed to get some sleep this morning after several days of shivering and i'm not exactly happy about the process around getting there. it had been several days since i'd slept more than 2-3 hours at a time...

i took a look at the weather forecast, and it seems like it may be reasonable to expect a cooler august (that happened last year, too). so, i decided to take my chance while i could get it sort of thing and bought some more pot.

i actually got an eighth of a berryish blend called subway scientist that seems a little weak, at this point, but i want to give it some more time. i haven't been sleeping, after all. but, it knocked me out for a few hours this morning, before i woke up again shivering around 5:30.

i just went straight into the shower, and sat in it for about an hour. that, combined with the sun coming up, was enough to warm me up enough to get some sleep.

but, i woke up in a cold sweat and had to take another shower around 10:30. i'm hoping that gets me through the day, at least - but i could find myself back in the shower in the evening.

i've repositioned my fans, and i think it is helping somewhat. instead of having them point directly towards the window, to keep drifting smoke away from my bed, i've got them blowing air from outside into the unit. it seems to have made a difference to start, but it remains to be seen if i just trigger the air to work harder.

i'm in a difficult point, in that i can neither work nor sleep when i'm cold, and the only thing that's really working is to go outside for a walk and come back every few hours. but, that's only helping me sleep, it's not helping me do any work.

so, i don't know what to do.