Thursday, January 19, 2017

i don't do subscriber trading.

i understand why it makes sense for some people to do this, but all i'm doing over youtube is marketing my music. i'm not aspiring to be a "youtube personality". i'm a composer that is documenting myself on youtube. it's not even secondary, it's tertiary. which is why i found myself so annoyed by the amount of time it was stealing from me....

increasing the subscriber count with people that aren't actually interested in the music just makes it harder for me to understand whether i'm getting through to anybody or not. this problem of disinterested subscribers is a big part of the reason that i took the deathtokoalas site down.

again: i get why people do it. it's the game they're playing. this is their purpose, their end goal, their total point. but, i'd actually publicly request that you don't subscribe unless you're legitimately interested in the music i'm documenting.