Tuesday, August 8, 2017

i've been over this.

my skin colour switches over the course of the year.

the reason my skin colour switches is that i'm a combination of races. and, it's actually truly staggering. there is some uncertainty on my father's side, but i actually have ancestry from the indigenous groups of four out of six continents (i'm excluding antarctica): europe, africa, asia and north america. and, south america doesn't really count, either. it's really only australia that i'm not genetically connected to.

so, if you saw me in the dead of winter, you'd be likely to pull out the norse or finnish in me and conclude i'm probably white. but, if you saw me last week, you'd have no doubt noticed that i'm actually a fairly dark brown, coming from my brown ancestors, which were native american (certain), middle eastern (certain) and sub-saharan african (probably).

just ask me questions, please. i'm friendly. and, i don't like religion. but, i'm willing to be friendly with atheists of any and all backgrounds; i don't care what colour you are - i care about whether you renounce the faith of your ancestors or not.