Wednesday, August 8, 2018

i'm not exaggerating about it making more sense to be homeless than to get a room.

let's say i get a room. i will then need to put my things in storage, until i can find somewhere to put them - a room would be transient, short term, by definition. even if you could find me a big enough room, i still couldn't leave all my gear in an unsafe location like that. so, getting a room means i'm paying for storage.

and, if i'm paying for storage and living in a strange place anyways, why bother paying for it? i mean, here's the fundamental question from my point of view: what is the difference between living in a rooming house and living in a shelter?

well?


it's basically the same thing, right?

and, if i have my things in storage, and am looking for an apartment, all paying for a room is doing is tying me to a location.

so, it makes more sense to be homeless than it does to pay for a room.