Thursday, August 23, 2018

there's no question that i shouldn't be going to concerts in detroit right now.

this is the only one i've seriously considered going out for, since may. i had it pencilled in a long time ago...hoping i'd have this shit worked out by now....

the tunnel is still closed; i'd be out all night. and, i'm frankly not thinking i'm missing much.

i don't want to pan this, exactly. it has the potential to grow. but, the record is just not in a style i spend much time exploring. and i'm not expecting a particularly exciting concert.

under different circumstances, i would go solely out of solidarity. i'd get some eggs. i'd tough it out. but, whether my paranoia is real or not, i fear my landlord would throw me out on short notice if he could only get the chance. while the fact is that he owes me $650, he thinks i owe him $1400, and will only obey the logic of force, on the point. and, so i'm stuck here protecting my belongings until i can find an escape path in an impossible market, and hoping for the best...

there's a good chance that this might have been my last concert in detroit.

if the place is void of bodies, fill it up with emotion.