Saturday, August 24, 2019

and, i've done this before.

back in 2008, i took a part-time call center job at $12/hr. they kept trying to schedule me more hours, but i didn't want them - 25 hours/week paid the rent and then some. good enough.

i think i literally watched my dad's heart break when i explained to him that i'd be happier working part time shift work in a call center than in a full time salaried position with the government. but, i didn't want the responsibility. i didn't want to have to go to staff parties, or make friends with my co-workers. and, he thought i'd grow out of it, but he really just didn't understand it.

so long as we're stuck in a capitalist society, i will always do the bare minimum amount of useless labour that is required to survive, because there's no way out of the sisyphean relation. there's no point to it - you'd might as well just kill yourself.

so, expect to have to drag me kicking and screaming, expect me to do the least you can force me to do and expect me to resist to the bitter end.

and, i agree that i shouldn't have gone to school. but, it was better than going to work.