Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Polly
Hey, what was (the frequently arrested activist named) Kurtis on about? He blocked me recently

I am trying to figure out how much of that is me and how much of it is having a meltdown, also I have an intellectual interest in the debate

Jessica Amber Murray
i think i inadvertently bruised his ego and that, combined with other things that have been happening, set him off into some kind of tirade. i don't really think the reaction was particularly rooted in the comments i made, so much as they were in the language i used. really, he was just lacing into me for being "superior". nothing he said was really topical.

so, i don't know, really, i don't have much insight into why he reacted the way he did.

Polly
I was surprised to see he'd gone off on you, like it's difficult to assess how bridge burny he is being based on what passed between he and I, like I don't feel qualified to assess his grievances with me as a function of a larger pattern of hostility.

and previous folks he'd gone off on were more marginal to him

Jessica Amber Murray
well, he claims i talk down to him. which i think is probably a complex reaction to various things. i'll accept i might trigger him. and he snapped. but, again, i think the snapping was largely cursory to anything i said.

(and i'm in windsor now, and am not coming back, so maybe that contributed to me being an easy person to go off on)

Polly
that may also be true about me. I don't think he's doing too well. I'm on a library computer so I can't get into it, but while I didn't agree with your analysis I did think it was an interesting read and I didn't take it personally

I actually think the last of the group is disintegrating and there's a lot of anxiety and sensitivity around that

Jessica Amber Murray
yeah, that's sort of the impression i got, as well.

Polly
I am in a criticism taking headspace so I am interested; do you think I am an authoritarian or opportunist?

Jessica Amber Murray
i think you have ambitions in more traditional bourgeois politics, albeit on a local level. i think your interest in grassroots politics is largely about building support for those ambitions.

Polly
Truthfully, I'd never considered it. I've always thought of myself as profoundly unelectable and like you, maybe a little too interested in picking things apart intellectually to be a good politician. The thing that attracted me to anarchist organizing was the opportunity to have a voice in the conversation without the responsibility of a real leadership position.

But in a weird way, that is sort if a vote of confidence

And it does make me wonder

So I am considering it as of now. But even if municipal politics suck less, I am really more interested in parallel structures

But that it's mostly because I am presently broke and any job sounds pretty good

There's always the temptation to imagine one could be the "good" politician. But the structure is bad

It would be a betrayal of my politics, but I am not saying it would never happen. I an not yet as principled as I would like

Brb a salvation army run

And back