Sunday, July 22, 2018

to be clear: i intend to pay my rent on august 1st. i took my deposit back out of necessity, realizing that the market was very short term in june; i missed out on a few spots, because i wasn't sure i could finance. then, once i had the deposit ready, the market dried up completely in july. i can only hope it gets better in august...

but, i said from the start that it wasn't notice, and i intended to pay rent going forward if i couldn't find something.

...unless the court order comes in before then, and tells me i can withhold it until the payout comes in. then, i'll be allowed to withhold it.

i just have to keep cycling around to the point: i'm claiming negligence. if the court agrees with me, why should i suffer consequences for standing up for my rights?

and, if you don't believe in rights, you're negligent, too.