Thursday, October 25, 2018

if i was calling her every other day for more or less any other reason, she may have a moral argument, even if she doesn't have a legal one. it is in fact true that she asked me to stop applying. isn't that enough?

not in housing, and not in employment, and not in other scenarios that are governed by human rights legislation. so long as a property is available for rent, or a job opening is available, they have to take the applications, by law - because i have a right to be treated as an equal applicant.

now, that doesn't mean she had the obligation to rent to me. it's up to me to build a discrimination case. and, the less information she provided to me, the harder it would be for me to do that.

but, she can't treat a housing application like a request for personal contact, and then tell me i can't apply for the housing because she doesn't want to speak with me, personally. and, i do think it is clear that these ideas are confused in her mind, and also confused in the mind of the officer.

if she did not want to rent to me, she should have ignored me. but, by getting aggressive with me in demanding i stop replying, she's opened herself up to litigation - and cannot claim she's being harassed as a way out of it.