Friday, February 14, 2014

"Losos said Lenski’s talk was particularly appropriate because it occurred on the 205th anniversary of Darwin’s birth. In the spirit of the ongoing Olympics, Losos said that if there were ever an all-star team of evolutionary biologists, Lenski would be its captain."

man, my dad used to use that ridiculous analogy all the time, and i'd make fun of him for it, then he'd laugh at me for making fun of him and use it more to irk me. it honestly bothered me, though. sports analogies, in general, bother me. you never see other things used to explain sports.

"when wayne gretzky scored his 92nd goal that year, he made himself the albert einstein of hockey."

you just don't hear that, because sports are thought of as more intuitive and easier to grasp. well, i'm hear to tell you that's not true. i find physics far more intuitive than sports, which i don't understand at all.

and now it's in the fucking harvard gazette.