Monday, February 12, 2018

listen.

i didn't migrate here. i was born here. i have indigenous ancestors, but i reject ancestor worship, so i don't care what my ancestors did or what my ancestors thought, or think it is in any remote way binding on me - i am an individual, i am not my ancestors, nobody owns me, i am not indebted to anyone, and i have no obligation to anybody to do anything.

so, i don't feel an obligation to watch my mouth in my neighbour's house, so to speak. i was born here as much as anybody else and have the right to say what i want where i want, like everybody else does. where our individual ancestors came from and what they thought is simply irrelevant; they are dead, and nobody cares, so what i see in front of me is a competition for ideas. if my ideas are different than theirs, then we'll have to fight about it and one of us will win and the other will lose.

but, would i move to one of the places my non-indigenous ancestors came from, if some indigenous group wrote me a check and gave me a plane ticket?

i would.

well...i'd go to finland, for sure. i'd be apprehensive about italy, but, with the proper conditions, i'd go. i would not want to live in france or in the united kingdom.

if presented with a realistic option, i'd rather leave. because i'm an individual - i'm not attached to a community. i'm free, on that level of mind control.

on the level of rent, on the other hand....

jagmeet singh must cut his beard.