Monday, August 27, 2018

to be clear.

i have never cashed a check from youtube ad revenue, and i do not run ads on my blogs.

my writing is not a revenue stream.

if you would like to send me money, please go to the bandcamp site (http://jasonparent.bandcamp.com) and buy my art. it is the only way to pay me. and, that is by design; it is the only thing i'm selling.

i am actually deeply philosophically opposed to the idea of selling ad space on the internet. the blogs are a kind of a compromise, because they're pointless, anyways. but, i don't want ads on my art. i don't want my third symphony to be brought to you by mcdonald's. and, i don't want ads on my writing, either, as it voids them of any seriousness. serious writing is not clickbait.

the only thing i've monetized are my blogs, because it's not really an art form, it's an ad in itself. putting an ad on an ad is a different thing than putting an ad on an artform. but, the purpose of the ads is to direct you to the music, not to act as a revenue stream, in itself. so, this is the total sum of money that i've made from ad revenue and streaming media, for my entire life.

i've considered setting up a patreon site. but, if you're going to donate, why not get some files at the website while you're at it?