Friday, November 16, 2018

yeah....i'm not sure it would help now...

if i were a more wealthy person, and i had a lawyer, and it came to me or my lawyer's attention that officers were being sent to my home to arrest me without a warrant, i could have run away and sent that lawyer to the justice to argue that the officer is statutorily bound to seek a warrant. but, what good does that do me, now? these are the same arguments i would make in a civil case.

i've mentioned before that my primary concern at the time was avoiding any perception that i was resisting arrest. i didn't ask anybody if they had a warrant, and don't think it would have modified anybody's behaviour, if i did. however, i yelled and screamed to see a judge for most of the time i was in custody, unsure if i had access to one overnight (and i don't think i did, in hindsight.).

i'm going to keep thinking about this, but, for right now, i should get back to what i was doing.