Thursday, March 26, 2020

i also just checked my electrical, and i got my new bill with the credit on it.

the credit was $56.86. yeah. so, my balance went from $67 to $10. i knew this would work out, eventually....one more, and it's a credit rather than a balance....

if i understand the billing process, and my average bill is around $18-20 with time of use pricing worked in, then i have the following variables in my new calculation:

usage: $20
fees: $30
fees: $1
rebate: 31.8%
oesp: $45

...and my new bill is:

($20 + $30 + 1)*(1-.318) - 45 = -$10

also, this:

if that cuts usage down to more like $10-15, and the fees to close to $20, i could see rebates closer to $20-25 a month for a while.

that while give me the credit i need to use my gear for free.

this is of course not very fiscally responsible, but i think we've learned that putting a price on carbon doesn't work, and doesn't actually have a point. just convert the fucking grid, already.

ontario is actually pretty good, with almost all of the generation being generated carbon-free. we should close the remaining natural gas plants immediately. but, we have no coal; it's mostly hydro & nuclear.