Monday, April 26, 2021

unfortunately, i'm fighting with a paypal alternative this morning, who has decided to lock me out of my own account because my computer is "too old". their overbearing, micromanaging software is not somewhere i want my data kept, so i need to get into the account to delete it. but, they're insisting that i'm trying to hack my own account.

the paranoia inherent in the post-russiagate world is reaching a tipping point where organizations and governments are starting to act in ways that defy logic. i have, in fact, proven that i am the owner of the account, but it's not up to a set of criteria that i have no ability to satisfy, due to financial and technical restraints. and, the fact that i'm not an american citizen.

and, i can't let them run off with my banking info - i need to get in to claim and close the account.

so, this is a stupid waste of time, brought on by unnecessary and unwanted layers of security, but i have to do it. unfortunately.