Saturday, May 22, 2021

i mean, it's maybe an underlooked question, but it's really the reality in front of me...

what happens when you have one side of your family with healthy, fit genes and the other side with defective, unhealthy, horrible unfit genes? genes aren't quite what we once thought they were - we can turn them off and on with hormones, and we largely retain genetic memories going back not to just your parents but to our distant ancestors. 

so, people tell me i look like my mother or my aunt, and it's not some accident - the estrogen is expressing the genes on my mother's side and the testosterone suppression is repressing the genes on my father's side.

now, you might claim that appearance is trivial. but, my father's side has terrible cholesterol, and my cholesterol has been outstanding for as long as i've been on the hormones. it's consequently easy to predict that i'm going to end up stuck with terrible cholesterol if i go off the hormones, and that there's almost nothing i can do about it except die young of a heart attack. did your god decide that for me?

now, you can tell me to take cholesterol lowering medications instead, but why would i want to do that when i can take estrogen, and it works to suppress the gene expression?

i've been distracted by the iron, but i need to refocus on the actual issue, which is my hormones, and try to get my estrogen back up into a healthier, higher range - before my genetic predisposition to high ldl kills me off.