Saturday, November 9, 2019

what has the government done, here?

1) it's increased the price of electricity, by 53-55%.
2) it's then increased the rebates from 8% to 32%, which is 24%.

so, let's say your bill was $45. well, that's my bill. why is yours so much?

this is my bill from last month:

on peak - $3.77
mid peak - $2.69
off peak - $7.62
total:  $14.08
 
i then have to pay enwin $31.95 in "delivery charges". so, it was $46.03.

i have a $45 oesp credit, so that left me with a bill for $1.03. they then charged me $0.13 hst, so it's $1.16 with tax. then, they gave me my 8% rebate...which was $0.08.

my bill is going to go up 55%, now. so, instead of being $14.08, it's going to be $21.82. further, the "delivery charges" will go up by some amount, and i'm not working it out. so, my bill will now be around $55 instead of $46.

they'll then take the $45 credit out, so it will be $11.

then they'll charge me tax, which is 13%.  so, i'm looking at $12-13. after they apply their increased rebate, i'm going to be looking at $8.00-9.00 for electricity.

per month.

....for a service that should be owned and operated by the people of this province on a non-profit basis.

so, i'm outraged - this is just an obvious cash grab by ford and his private sector cronies, and everybody with a brain saw it coming a million miles away. it's exactly what happened under mike harris - they promised lower electrical rates, and their privatization schemes instead pushed the price through the roof.

we need public ownership of these utilities, and nobody is willing to run on it.

personally? i'm not going to pay for this. i'll cut my usage down, until it's next to nothing. i'll go type in the coffee shop, if i have to.