Saturday, January 2, 2021

so, i tried a few novel (to me) marijuana options and it's mostly left me feeling cold.

i bought a 10-pack of .35 pre-rolls and it was actually too much; i like the premise, but would rather see them packaged in .25s or even .1s. my takeaway from it was actually something along the lines of "i don't want to get used to smoking this much at once". on top of that, it was predictably stale, as all pre-rolls are. i don't know why the government insists on doing this so stupidly; if you can sell me fresh pre-rolled tobacco, why is it so hard to sell me fresh pre-rolled marijuana? for right now, let's say they have some hurdles to address.

i tried the gummies in my fridge, which were 5s, and they didn't seem to do anything at all. but, they'd been sitting a while.

i'm going to try some fresher edibles, and am penciling this weekend in as the potential end point for smoking of any sort. i've been good about this the last few months, enough that i feel that failing for a few days is alright. but, this is a big weekend for me, even if i'm not saying much. it's a new year, but it's also the beginning of year 40, for me. this was a shitty run-up, and i can't get it back, but, even if it's psychological, something about smoking drugs past the age of 40 strikes me as kind of retarded. i wanted this to be different, but this is what it is.

so, i want to smoke some pot this weekend. that doesn't happen very often anymore, and i suspect it may be the last time more or less ever. i'm going to let it work itself out....