Saturday, December 19, 2020

everything's always complicated, right?

i'm supposed to get less than 2300 mg of sodium a day, and more than 1500. the average sodium intake is well over 2300. i'm currently getting 1693, by my calculations, if i eat thrice a day. and, if i don't, it's less than that. so, great, right?

i'm supposed to get more than 4700 mg of potassium a day. if i eat these three meals, i'm getting 4820 - and this is unusual to succeed in.

further, that means my k:na ratio is actually above 2:1, at around 2.8475. this is once again exceeding the targets. most people have something more like a 10:1 sodium:potassium ratio.

so, i'm doing great, right?

...except that i'm consuming something like 6 L of water a day, and i can't find a source to tell me what my sodium intake should be when i'm drinking that much water. am i actually getting too little sodium, relative to my water consumption? what should my sodium consumption be when i'm drinking that much water?