Friday, January 15, 2021

is it possible that i have some underlying condition that's preventing me from gaining weight?

sure. but, nothing in the list checks out - except genetics & a high metabolism as a result of it. but, that doesn't change the physics if you keep your metabolism constant. 

i get tested yearly, and i neither appear to have diabetes nor do i appear to have any signs i'm developing it.

i'm not anemic. i get enough iron. i'm not b12 deficient, and i get an excess of it. 

my thyroid might be weird - i remember my grandmother mentioning to me once that she had a thyroid condition, but i think it was the opposite problem. i can ask them to check that next time....

likewise, if the estrogen does anything, it should increase my body weight.

i'm not going to expend less energy in an attempt to gain weight, that's insane. likewise, i guess i might drink too much coffee, but i'm not going to stop.

it just is what it is - i'm skinny, whether i like it or not.

if i lost 5 pounds relative to the last time i was weighed, that puts my current bmi at 19. i'd like it closer to 22-23. but, that's easier said than done.