Thursday, January 28, 2021

when i met him, he wore basketball jerseys and listened to the worst kinds of hip-hop; he was derogatorily referred to by the other kids as a "spic" or a "wigger" and, while i never took part in stuff like that, he was about the last person i'd have seen myself hanging out with. at the time, you'd have seen me in zero shirts, blaring fixed or garbage in my phones.

he does a science project at my house, and he's walking around in nine inch nails shirts, all of a sudden. and hanging out with my friends, too. like, it was a complete shift in identity...

maybe he just lacked something of his own, maybe i'm explaining the point better than i realize; maybe he was caught between cultures, and i gave him a way out he hadn't had before.

but, i'd rather forget about him.....