Friday, November 27, 2020

so, i should figure out what is in the water as it is before i take steps to add a tsp of toothpaste to my breakfast bowl. even unfluoridated water should have some fluoride. how much water do i need to drink to get to 4 mg? is it even possible?

jessica murray <koala.central.command@gmail.com>
7:57 AM (0 minutes ago)
to 311

hi.

i understand that the city doesn't currently add fluoride to the water, but the water should have some level of fluoride in it naturally. this would be very specific to windsor; that is the information i'm seeking. 

i did not grow up here, and i believe i've recently developed cavities for the first time in my life (i'm 40.) as a consequence of switching from a fluoridated water supply to a water supply without fluoride. i'm not happy about that, and need to get my dietary fluoride levels back up. so, i want to find ways to reintroduce fluoride into my diet on my own, if the city refuses to take appropriate steps to do so. my teeth have run out of time waiting.

the fda has set an rdi for fluoride because it is an essential mineral. it is 4 mg/day and people generally get 60-90% of it from drinking water.

however, fluoride is also poisonous in relatively small quantities. so, if i'm forced to do this myself, i need to properly understand what i'm doing. in the end, i'm no doubt going to do something like add a teaspoon of toothpaste to my morning smoothie (dietary fluoride is not exactly plentiful - it's pretty much the only serious choice), but i need to understand what the base levels are before i do that, so i don't accidentally overdo it.

can you put me in contact with somebody that can give me information about existing fluoride content in the city water, without it being treated?

and, can you put me in touch with somebody that has up to date information on whether the city is ever going to refluoridate or not?

thanks,
j