Friday, June 29, 2018



Notice to Appear in Court on July 5th, After All

On the morning of June 8th, 2018, I called Ina to explain that the results of the previous election had thrust me into a state of deep financial uncertainty, and I would be unable to continue with plans to move out of this unhealthy space until some certainty was restored around my income. I indicated that I would have a letter ready on the morning of the 11th.

Due to the debilitating effects of massive second-hand marijuana smoke from the tenant downstairs, which is generally intolerable from ~5:00 am until ~noon, I was unable to get out of bed to print this document on the morning of the 11th. When Ina knocked on my door around 10:00, I had been knocked out cold from a haze of second-hand smoke all morning. However, I was able to finally sober up enough to get out of bed and print the letter a little after 11:00. I gave the letter to Ina a little later that afternoon.

In that letter, I explained the necessity of waiting for a response from the government before further action could be taken, and that I would not be seeking to follow through with the open hearing.

However, since then, the situation has only become less tolerable; I cannot stay here any longer than I must. The constant drug abuse happening downstairs is making me constantly lethargic. I’m drinking coffee like water, and still suffering through short days - sleeping 15 hours at a time, and dragging myself with difficulty through what limited consciousness I can muster.

My art projects are suffering dramatically, because I can’t stay awake to work on them.

My letter was sincere, but it was not technically a legal document. The hearing has remained open the whole time, and I have decided as of this week that I will be presenting my case in full, as initially intended, after all.

The adjudicator will need to determine an end date for the lease, along with any damages due to negligence that I am entitled to. I do not currently have any firm plans to move on August 1st, but I will be actively exploring the market over the next few days. Given the circumstance of needing to find a smoke-free place to live, or repeat this process a third time, I plan to ask her to allow for a month-to-month tenancy until I am able to plan a move.

I will be presenting video evidence at the trial.  This evidence will be presented to you on the dayof the hearting, but will also be available at the following url, no earlier than july 4th at midnight, and no later than july 4th at noon: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3JSjmqp0cbvN7RpHG7gw52ARfWLhWtQd

The description of that youtube playlist will also contain a link to a detailed written journal, at some point on july 4th.

dated: june 29th, 2018
printed: june 29th, 2018.

tenant: jason parent