Sunday, September 22, 2024

if there's anybody reading this that wants to rent to me, for an affordable amount (i'm poor), i need to point out that i have learned via experience that i need a male landlord. i have learned over the last 20 years that ciswomen just can't handle me.

this wasn't my impression when i went into transition around 2002. i actually thought i'd prefer the company of women, and one of the reasons i went into transition was to break down that barrier. women that knew me for a while generally figured it out pretty easily, but i didn't like the walls that women shot up when i approached them. on first impression, women always saw me as a potential sex partner, and never as a friend, and i was trying to abolish that. i had some male friends, but i didn't have anything in common with them (besides common interests in music, which was the only basis for friendship with men that i have ever been able to establish), i didn't get along with them well, i didn't trust them very much and i wanted to get past it and start fresh. i was having trouble building friendships with women because they didn't want to be my friend, they wanted to have sex with me. that was incredibly frustrating to me.

going into transition actually made that problem worse, not better.

i learned this truth a long time ago and have consequently avoided female landlords, female managers, etc in my life, but what has happened since i moved to windsor on two separate occasions is that i signed a lease with an older male and found myself happy in the arrangement for around five years, until they sold their property to women, who instantly targeted me for removal. i didn't put myself in either of these scenarios. in both cases, the house was sold to women who i would have never signed leases with because i would have easily predicted how it turned out.

the problem is that ciswomen expect me to behave masculinely and get extremely angry with me when i don't. i actually don't have that problem with straight men, who tend not to care much, but ciswomen just can't handle me being trans. they just can't deal with it. they find out a little about me, that i'm a musician, that i'm well-educated, that i'm clean and cook....and they just can't deal with it. this has been constant for 20 years and i decided a long time ago that i don't want to deal with them, wither. i just want to avoid them.

i did date a few women when i was young, and one of them yelled at me for an hour when i told them i was going into transition, and used the phrase "crime against women" as she was screaming, while half laughing and half crying. that sounds like an abjectly stupid thing to say, but she was just being honest.

i wanted to establish a greater level of equality with the women in my life, but they can't and won't accept it, and i don't want to deal with it.

so, i will be seeking a middle aged male landlord. again. i can only hope he doesn't sell to another cisfemale, because i can predict what will happen if he does.